Includes everything in Layer One PLUS
DAY ONE provides you with expert advice and continues your Layer One learning with a full day of focused and guided work on your business as a professional organizer:
- Determine Business Entity Type and Legal Needs. This is one of the most critical decisions you will make as a business owner. You will learn about the different business entities and their advantages and disadvantages to help you choose the right one for your situation and goals. You will also learn how to register your business with your state and the federal governments, how to insure your business and obtain business licenses.
- What You Need to Know to be Tax Savvy. You will be guided through the labyrinth of tax details a small and home business owner needs to understand and comply with.
- Focused time and attention to work on developing your business infrastructure. Continuing your self-study coursework, you will have focused time to complete your business, financial, and marketing plans and craft your service approach and packaging with input and guidance from Anne Blumer, CPO®.
- Brand Creation by selecting your business name, tagline, business look and feel (colors, fonts, and design) and craft your elevator speech.
- Client Initial Consultation Preparation - Classroom review of the client process, needs assessment, and organizing plan of action.
DAY TWO after all of your hard work the fun begins! You will take all you learned from your Layer One coursework and start applying it with a real client with a full day of client assessment and project preparation:
- Meet your client and conduct the needs assessment
- Return to the classroom location and prepare the client’s organizing plan of action
- Go to an organizing supply resource (such as The Container Store, Storables or Ikea) and procure materials for the client project
DAY THREE is dedicated to a full day hands-on client practicum for implementing the 5 Steps to Organizing®.
- The participants complete every step of the 5 Steps to Organizing® process with the client
- Client project debrief
- Training closure and celebration
TO SUMMARIZE YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- The knowledge and skills you need to become a successful professional organizing business owner
- Your completed business plan, financial plan, marketing plan, and business brand sheet
- Successful business practices that identify how to start and grow your business
- Step-by-step Business Launch Checklist ensuring you do everything you need to do to be successful
- Experience and lessons learned of what it takes to grow and leverage a business
- Confidence that only comes from having a systematic approach to working with clients and applying that approach in a client practicum experience
- Customizable forms needed for both your business and client work
- 100 Actions to Magnetize More Clients
- Priceless time working along-side an expert who you can ask all your “what wakes you up in the middle of the night” questions
- Marketing methods that will cut out months or even years of annoying mistakes and learning curves, because you need to make money immediately
- An understanding of how to position your business in the marketplace to attract your ideal client
- Instructions on how to clearly communicate your value and how to charge for your valuable services
- Organizing skills and techniques to work with a variety of client types
- Proven processes and systems to organize others and transfer organizing skills
- A relationship with a Certified Professional Organizer and coach who is committed to your success
- All you need to become a master of your organizing business
In addition to all of the above you will receive:
BONUS #5 Credentials:
- Certification as an Institute for Professional Organizers Certified Organizer
- 40 hours continuing education credit certificate, issued to participants upon completion of 10 hours of self-study coursework, 4 hours Layer 2 preparation, 2 hours Layer 1 exam, 16 hours in-person Layer 2 Seminar coursework, and 8 hours of Layer 2 hands-on client practicum organizing project demonstrating the organizing and business skills necessary to be a professional organizing business owner.
BONUS #6 Professional Organizer Core Competencies: This training will equip you with core professional organizer competencies as a successful professional organizing business owner.
BONUS #7 Immediate Brand Exposure: Institute for Professional Organizers Certified designation and your business listing on our website.
BONUS #8 Marketing Materials: Content for 12 months of newsletters or blog postings.
BONUS #9 Systems and Solutions: With our 5 Steps to Organizing® process, 5 Phases of Client Process checklists, and customizable forms you will be fully prepared and know how to implement a client’s organizing project with ease and confidence.